Today we will be taking a look at what we consider to be the best lenses for Sony A6000 cameras. We will be covering a wide range of products that includes sony alpha lenses suitable for all photographers. Our intention is that we will be able to cover lenses suitable for all budgets.
The Sony 55mm F1.8 Sonnar T* FE ZA Full Frame Prime Lens The Best Lenses for Sony A6000!
This is without a doubt one of the Best Lenses for Sony A6000 available today. The Sony 5mm F.18 Sonnar T* FE ZA has everything you need to take the most outstanding photographs. It has a focal length of 55mm and a filter diameter of 49mm which is one of the highest grades available. Although the lens is not zoomable, it does have a fixed, E-mount Full Frame which ensures that you never miss a shot. The Aperture strength is 22/1.8 and it has a magnification capability of 14x. The minimum focus distance is 19 11/16 inches which is fantastic for those close up images.
- The resolution is the highest quality that you can get with a a7 series full frame E-mount body. This is due to the Carl Zeiss resolution and contrast.
- The T* coating is an optical design that helps to effectively suppress any internal reflection. This means that you can effectively decipher deep blacks and perform night time shooting.
- The large F1.8 aperture is excellent for capturing full-frame shots automatically. You can auto adjust at will for amazing depth capture.
- It is a bright lens making it an excellent tool for both indoor and outdoor environments. Versatility is key for the best lenses for sony a6000.
- The dust-resistant and smooth design make it a high-performance camera that you don’t have to treat with kid gloves.
- The lens does not zoom, but because it can capture full frames to such a high degree.
- It is on the pricier end of the sony alpha lenses we are reviewing. Due to the tools and technology it provides, many photographers insist it is well worth the price.
- This Lens is only compatible with Sony.
- The weight of the lens is one of the heavier A6000 lenses, weighing almost a pound.
This is simply one of the best lenses for sony a6000 cameras we have ever seen. It is the cream of the crop when it comes to the premium lenses available on the market today. Finding it hard to find any cons, the price is well worth it for this comprehensive and innovative lens design. The lens works in both indoor and outdoor environments with ease and has all the automatic adjustments needed to turn any newbie into an instant expert. To capture those precious moments in life, there just isn’t a better product on the market.
A Close Second – Sony 35mm F2.8 Sonnar T* FE ZA Full Frame Prime Fixed Lens
The Sony 35mm F2.8 Sonnar T* FE ZA features the same bright aperture that you get with the upgraded models. The compact dimensions and outstanding performance of the optical lens is one of the most versatile units you can purchase. Although limited to a 35mm shutter speed, the Carl Zeiss E-Mount full frame lens does a professional job. Although the lens is not zoomable, the camera is able to auto focus. This is a solid choice for a best lenses for sony a6000 cameras.
- The Carl Zeiss E-Mount full-frame lens delivers a full frame camera body image.
- It is designed to withstand both dust and moisture environments with ease.
- A bright maximum aperture of F2.8 delivers excellent shooting performance helping to make this one of the best lenses for sony a6000.
- The compact size makes it the perfect lens to take along for any adventure without bulk.
- The double-sided aspherical elements help to make both the resolution and contrast spectacular and well above other models in this price range.
- The industry innovative T* lens coating help to make the color much more true to life.
- The circular aperture ensures that you capture your subject while the background fades blurs. That makes sure to have your image pop as the focal point of the shot instead of getting lost in the picture.
- The lens delivers a smoother and more natural focus automatically and you don’t have to rely on operator error.
- It is a bit expensive for a camera lens, but less so than the F1.8, and still carries many of the same features.
- It does not have an image stabilizer which can lead to images being out of focus. Not ideal when searching for the best lenses for sony a6000.
- The aperture appears to sometimes make the background too translucent and things in the peripheral can fade too much for those who are looking for more of a “landscape” image.
- Some photographers insist that although good with high focal images, the overall quality of the photo itself is not what they expect due to vignette difficulties.
The Sony 35mm F2.8 Sonnar T* FE ZA Full Frame is one of the few lenses available to take any newbie photographer to full-fledged professional and one of the solid best lenses for sony a6000 cameras. Having the capacity to be almost fully automatic, the pictures produced are spectacular. Although it is inherently unable to zoom, the camera can smoothly and flawlessly do it on its own, eliminating operator error. It is a bit pricier than some believe it is worth, but most love the sleek design and the fact that it can endure various conditions with excellent durability.
Middle of the Road – The Sony SEL35 F18 35mm f/1.8 Prime Fixed Lens
Out of our middle of the road cost bracket, we decided the Sony SEL35 F18 has to be the goto option. An excellent feature of this middle of the road lens is the compact and lightweight nature of it. Its optical lens is outstanding for both contrast and peripheral sharpness. The built-in image stabilization ensures that you can get shots on the go and the smooth sand silent high-speed nature of the focusing helps for the adventure photographer. Although not zoomable, this camera has autofocus that is outstanding and makes missing an excellent shot nearly impossible. This is an excellent middle of the road option when looking for the best lenses for sony a6000 cameras.
- A superb focusing internal operation ensures that you never miss a shot when on the go.
- The lightweight design makes it the perfect lens to take on any adventure.
- It is about half of the price of premium options in the industry when looking for the add-on camera lenses, which is an excellent plus point, especially for those on a budget.
- The unique qualities of this lens make it the perfect “second lens” for your collection. Having a durable and compact design, you don’t have to treat it like a museum piece.
- One of the few lenses that is excellent all-around for everything from action shots to still portraits. Making it one of the excellent all round best lenses for sony a6000 cameras.
- The bright aperture allows for background noise to fade away allowing the subject of the image to pop as it should.
- It has an ED glass which reduces aberrations at telephoto ranges and gives more depth to the image in any setting.
- Provides a clear and smooth focusing and defocusing of the subject which makes it excellent for both photography and video operations.
- Versatile enough for both indoor and outdoor shots.
- It is not as high quality as the other lenses that we reviewed, but for the price, it is an excellent choice that is not too much of an investment.
- The quality appears to be not as good as photographers would expect in low-light and fast action shots.
- Even though it wasn’t as pricey as the other lens, many insist that it is still overpriced or the quality it provides.
- The stabilizer is not as good as many would like when compared to some other lenses, especially for action and adventure shots. Not the best when looking for the best lenses for sony a6000.
A great all-around lens that doesn’t come with an extremely high price tag is the the Sony SEL35F18. The lightweight and compact design make it perfect to take on the go. Doing a consistently good job with all sorts of environments and photography images, it is your answer to the high price competitors. Some insist that it is still at a higher price point than they would like, but for the quality that it delivers, it is an excellent lens to add to your collection. Overall, one of the best lenses for sony a6000 we have found.
The Budget Option – Sony 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Lens for Sony E Mount Nex Cameras
An excellent lower range lenses the fixed 50mm mid-range telephoto focal length is excellent to add to your collection. The large F1.8 maximum aperture allows for beautiful defocusing effects. Although the lens is not zoomable, due to the automatic focal operation, it is difficult to get the shot you are hoping for. The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is an excellent way to capture those adventure shots or when on the go. An excellent budget option when looking for the best lenses for sony a6000.
- At under $250, it is within the affordable range for most photographers for sony alpha a6000 lenses.
- The fixed 50 mid-range telephoto focal length allows for excellent zooming of subjects automatically.
- The defocusing effects are excellent and provide a beautiful photo or video image that is flawless and smooth.
- The bright F1.8 maximum aperture provides a beautiful contrast and in-depth image, allowing the background to fade as the subject of the image pops to life.
- The Optical SteadyShot helps to stabilize the image with ease and without the potential for operator error. A solid feature on a budget best lenses for sony a6000.
- A lightweight and compact design makes it easy to take on the go and also makes it the perfect second lens for adventure.
- A quiet autofocus means that you can produce not only quality photos but videos as well.
- The flare and fringing are both noticeable around the image edges.
- The focus is a bit slower than users would like when compaired to some other lenses.
- It does not work well with AF face detection and the camera is said to get “lost” trying to find the focal point of the image at times.
- The auto-focus is said to be less than desired.
For the price, the Sony 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Lens is an excellent lower priced lens for general use making it an good choice if you are on a budget. The compact and lightweight design make it the perfect lens to take on any adventure or on the go. An autofocus takes the guess work out of focusing the camera and ensures that you aren’t going to miss that important action shot. The smooth and quiet operation make it perfect for both photography and video assignments, but there are some complaints about the quickness and ease of autofocus that may be a bit more than frustrating. Compared to the other lens reviewed, it offers great versatility without the same high price tag. Not a huge investment, it is a great lens to buy to read out on any excursion. Considering the price, we think it is one of the best lenses for sony a6000 cameras on the market today.
Those on a Very Tight budget – The Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Art (Silver) For Sony SE
For the photographer who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, the Sigma 30mm may be the perfect fit. A great novice hobby lens, it can capture those precious moments in life but it isn’t too much of an investment. For under $200, it does everything you need it to and then some. A lightweight and compact design makes it ideal for vacation or on the go. The HSM is quiet and provides the high-speed AF capacity that any amateur photographer needs. The absolute cheapest option for best lenses for sony a6000 cameras that we were able to find.
- The fast aperture is greater than what comes with many minimal “kit lens” products making it one of the best lenses for sony a6000.
- Perfect for the hobbyist photographer looking for a little better quality without a lot of additional cost.
- Completely self-regulated, you don’t have to worry about the aperture, it is completely controlled by the camera
- The lightweight and compact design isn’t bulky making it one of the best lenses for sony a6000.
- It is almost completely automatic which takes the guess work out of attaining the perfect picture.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces ghosting and flare on any shot. The aperture also helps to enhance the contrast of any background image.
- A great way to focus and zoom in on your subject it is an excellent way to enhance your amateur pictures to look more like a professional.
- The images tend to have a softer appeal than other brands sometimes unwanted.
- The shutter speed is less than stellar and can leave you missing that fast-paced shot.
- An autofocus is an excellent addition, but it has to work properly. There are many complaints that this camera’s ability to autofocus is very hit or miss.
If you are an amateur or hobby photographer then this could be the lens for you. A lower investment price-tag than other brands, but still one of the best lenses for sony a6000 cameras. It delivers all the basics that you need to take your pictures one step higher. Excellent zoom capacity and autofocus capability takes the guesswork out of shooting the perfect image. Although complaints about shutter speed and softer than desired photographs, it delivers an upgraded image to any novice photographer without a heavy investment. Lightweight and compact, it is the perfect lens to take along on your day to day life experiences.