To capture those special moments in time you need the right equipment. The Sony 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Lens for Sony E Mount Nex Cameras is an excellent lens for both professionals and novice photographers alike. At a price that is under $250, it is a small investment to make to ensure that those precious moments are memorialized forever. Lightweight and compact, this is the lens that you can take on the go and never miss out on the action.
The Sony 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Lens for Sony E Mount Nex Cameras is an excellent lens with a telephoto focal length that is one of the highest in the industry. The built-in optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to ensure not only that you capture the image perfectly, but that your videos appear more professional and easier to watch. Even though the lens is not zoomable, it automatically captures the image you desire with clarity and high resolution. Almost completely automatic, it takes the guesswork out of fine tuning your photography skills and never missing out on an important moment.
The large F1.8 aperture ensures that the image doesn’t fade into the background. It delivers excellent image quality, and the defocusing effects help to make a smoother video image. Not a huge investment to make, it gives you all the capacity you are looking for in a lens without the huge price tag.
- Built-in optical SteadyShot image stabilization ensures a smoother photo and video minimizing operating error.
- The large F1.8 aperture provides defocusing effects that are smoother and more professional appearing.
- The lightweight and compact design allows you to take it on any adventure and never miss out on those precious moments.
- A responsive and intuitive design makes the autofocus operate flawlessly whether you are shooting still photos or videos.
- At under $250 it isn’t a huge investment to make, but gives you the quality you desire to capture images with professional operation.
- Excellent Effective Shake Reduction (OSS).
- The sharpness of image quality appears to be somewhat blurry at times.
- Not having an incredibly quick shutter speed can mean missing a shot.
- When you zoom in on an image during editing, it can produce a “purpose” fine that can distort the picture due to the large aperture.
- Although less expensive than other Sony lenses, it is still a bit pricey for the caliber of lens.
For the price, this lens is an excellent alternative to higher priced lenses in this class. The stabilization offers operators an excellent quality image and video. With a relatively smaller price tag at under $250, you can’t beat the functionality of this lens. One of the best features is its compact design and lightweight construction. That makes it easy to take on the go and capture your memories with quality and ease. The silent and smooth operation ensures that your videos have a professional outstanding quality and the effective shake reduction limits any flaws from operator error. Many consumers comment that although being a lightweight model, it still has the sturdiness that makes it a better quality lens than others in this class.