There is nothing more important to us than our memories. A photo or video is only as good as the equipment that you have to shoot it with. The Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Art for Sony SE is an excellent lens for the novice to expert photographer. It provides you with a high speed and quiet shutter speed capacity and offers you an enhanced image from your standard camera lens.
The Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Art for Sony SE is a lower end amateur lens that comes equipped with all the things you need to take your photo or video from ordinary to extraordinary. A high speed and quiet HSM gives you the capacity to shoot professional quietly videos and photos with very little knowledge. Being less than $200, it is a comparatively small investment to make to capture your precious moments forever.
The aperture is auto controlled by the camera, and allows for great contrast and clarity. Weighing in at one pound, it is on the heavier side, but that gives it a more durable and sturdy feel. The Multi-Layer coating helps to improve any ghost images or flare.
- A great buy for the cost, it gives you all the options you need and none the you don’t.
- It delivers a very sharp picture without a lot of ghosting or blurriness.
- The advanced fast aperture takes outstanding pictures both in low light or at high speeds.
- The compact design makes it ideal to take on any adventure.
- It is the perfect backup lens for photos or an excellent lens for a novice looking for a better quality picture.
- Lack of image stabilization makes it a subpar choice for video. It is significantly better for photo than for video.
- The startup lag seems to be a problem and a nuisance to many photographers trying to get an action shot.
- The focus seems to be a bit delayed as well. Although fully automated, the lag can make you miss out on those really quick moves.
For the photographer looking for a lens that is on the lower end and something that won’t break the wallet, this is the perfect buy. It provides you with all you need to produce excellent quality pictures and images. The lack of stability may not make it the best for video quality, but for still videos it is still a good choice. The advanced fast aperture allows you to shoot pictures quickly with enhanced clarity and it delivers photographs that have minimal blur or ghost images. It provides photographers with an excellent contrast and resolution that is hard to get without a lens. Simply put, it is the perfect addition to your lens collection, or starter lens, and for the price you simply can’t beat it. Being lightweight and sleek, you can take it on the go and capture life as it happens.