The Sony 55mm F1.8 Sonnar T* FE ZA Full Frame Prime Lens is the absolute best in lens technology. A higher priced model, it is well worth the cost for the professional images that it creates. A focal length of 55mm and filter diameter of 49mm beats out almost all other lens in the industry. A fixed E-Mount Full Frame ensures that you capture not just a picture but a moment in time.
The Sony 55mm is one of the highest magnification lenses that you can buy. With 14x capacity, it gives you the clarity that you can’t get from other lens in the same category. The aperture is light and ranges from 22 to 1.8, which makes for great contrast and excellent background fade. Although not zoomable, you won’t miss a shot, due to the automatic focal capability. The T* coating helps to suppress any internal reflection and helps to make your image stand out from the rest. The perfect lens for both indoor and outdoor environments, it is an excellent all around lens for both still life and action shots.
The smooth and quiet internal focusing also allows you to take video that is both professional and outstanding. With a consistently reliable performance, there is really no room for operator error. Whether you are trying to capture things on the go or get up close and personal, this lens provides both professional and amateur the best shot possible.
- The filter diameter at 49mm and the focal length of 55mm provides the photographer with the best image quality possible.
- Although not zoomable, the E-mount full frame fixed lens type ensures that you always have the most in-depth image attainable.
- The 14x magnification is about the highest you can get in the lens industry. It provides you with a resolution that looks more real than you can imagine.
- The minimum focus distance is excellent for those up close and personal shots.
- An aperture minimum and maximum of 22 and 1.8 ensures that you have the best contrast and image focus technology allows
- Lightweight, it weighs under a pound, which makes it perfect for on the go and to take on any adventure.
- Fully weather resistant, you never have to worry about not taking it out in certain environmental conditions.
- The price is a bit steep, unless you are purchasing it for professional use.
- No ability to zoom takes the control out of your hands, but the good news is that it is pretty much fool proof on its own.
- There are some consumers who believe that the truer colors are a nice advantage but that the overall look of the images appear to have a softer tone.
One of the absolute best lenses for Sony a6000, this lens can do it all. A lightweight and compact design makes it perfect to take on the go and the durability and weather-proofing means that you don’t have to treat it with kid gloves. An excellent aperture makes images pop and the 14x magnification gives the pictures quality you can’t get from other lenses. Although being unable to focus, the internal automatic focus technology ensures that you don’t miss that perfect shot, or capture not just a picture, but the entire memory.
Although this is on the high end of the price spectrum those who do purchase it are rarely disappointed by its functionality and the professional videos and pictures that it produces. Overall, it is the absolute best in the industry, and is an investment well worth making.